Call Us at 713-365-0700 or Make an Appointment
Janet Morris, LPC-S, RPT
For over 30 years, I have had the honor to provide support and guidance to children and adults as a teacher,school counselor and therapist in private practice.
I welcome children ages 3 and above, adolescents and adults. Bilingual in Spanish and English, my expertise is helping people work through life circumstances that are keeping them from embracing the joyful life they are meant to live. I provide tools and direction to help work through trauma, parenting challenges, and other individual and relationship issues.
* Licensed Professional Counselor & Supervisor (LPC-S) in Texas
* Play Therapist
* Worked in public education for 31 years as a high school teacher, as a school counselor at all levels, & as student support specialist for at risk junior high and high school students
* Provided workshops for children, parents and professionals at the local, state and national levels on topics relating to behavior management, parenting, coping and mentoring
* Wrote and implemented grants to provide services for at risk children
* Member of Texas Counseling Association (TCA) and Association for Play Therapy (APT)
* Volunteered as a Stephens Minister providing 1-on-1 care to adults facing difficult life circumstances
MY TECHNIQUE :
I utilize ethical, research based modalities. My approach is eclectic and includes play therapy, cognitive-behavioral, solution focused and sand tray methods. My training and expertise in a variety of techniques allows me to create an individualized treatment plan tailored to the needs and circumstances of each client. My goal is to lead each client to optimal emotional, mental, social and spiritual health. I am certified in EMDR.
I have been happily married for nearly 30 years. We have 4 children, 2 sons-in-law, 11 grandchildren and a rescue dog. I love to cook, travel and read, and I attend a yoga class as often as possible.
Houston Baptist University M.Ed. Bilingual Education, Counseling, LPC